The Journal of European Landscapes (JEL) stimulates and promotes both empirical research and reflexive thinking on the history and heritage of the landscapes of Europe.
As a result of growing economic interdependence and political integration, Europe becomes ever more important as a spatial framework for research. This is particularly true for landscape research. The development of landscapes is highly dependent on the politics of the European Union. Policies on landscape and heritage are increasingly influenced by international cooperation.
For disciplines with a geographical dimension, such as archaeology, landscape and heritage, this results in comparative research in regions in Europe and, sometimes, on Europe as a whole. As a result, there is a growing awareness of the
European dimensions of landscape and heritage. Although landscape is a theme that is increasingly studied on a European level (in fact, landscape is often described as a typical European theme), there is no journal that focuses on landscape.
Call for papers
The Journal of European Landscapes is accepting publications now! The first issue will be published in 2016.
The journal publishes two issues per year, one regular issue and one themed issue. The journal welcomes contributions on landscape research from all disciplines, with a focus on the areas of history, archaeology, geography, and heritage.
Instructions for authors (pdf, 0.1MB) of Amsterdam University Press.
- Prof. Dr. Jan Kolen, Leiden University (Editor in Chief)
- Dr. Hans Renes, Utrecht University (Editor in Chief)
- Rita Hermans, MA, VU Amsterdam
- Mara de Groot, MA, Leiden University
- Arjan Conijn, MA
Editorial board JEL
- Prof. Dr. Ellen Braae, University of Copenhagen
- Prof. Dr. Veerle van Eetvelde, Ghent University
- Prof. Dr. Carola Hein, Delft University of Technology
- Dr. Sjoerd Kluiving, VU Amsterdam
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Meier, University of Heidelberg
- Prof. Dr. Hannes Palang, Tallinn University
- Dr. Stefano Piastra, Università di Bologna
- Prof. Dr. Sam Turner, Newcastle University
- Dr. Magali Watteaux, Université de Rennes
For more information, visit Journal of European Landscapes on the website of of Amsterdam University Press.