On 5-7 April 2017, CLUE+ hosted the academic conference Critical Theory in the Humanities: Resonances of the Work of Judith Butler. With 8 keynote lectures (by Judith Butler and Achille Mbembe among others), 60 paper presentations divided over 20 panel sessions, and an audience that filled the Aula to capacity (900 seats), it proved to be an intellectually and socially stimulating event. With the help of numerous student volunteers, the conference was organized by Marieke Berkers, Wouter Goris, Annemie Halsema, Katja Kwastek, and Roel van den Oever.
On this page you can find:
- the conference program overview
- the conference program booklet (including abstracts)
- an interview with Judith Butler in Trouw (in Dutch)
- a review of the conference in Metropolis M
- photographs taken at the conference
For further questions, please contact the CLUE+ office.