Ad 1. Writing proposals to participate in (large) research calls. The calls can be either programmatic (e.g. H2020, NWA, NWO Large) or individual ones (e.g. NWO Open Competition, Innovation scheme; ERC).
The CLUE+ grant, of € 3.000,-, will allow you to fund your replacement of your education tasks during the time that you are preparing your grant application.
Participating in this call will give you an excellent opportunity to develop your ideas for a research proposal.
How to apply?
Applications must contain the following documents:
- A draft proposal of max. 3 pages. The draft proposal should contain:
- The name and deadline of the call you want to participate.
- Central aims and objectives of the project
- Challenge (scientific/societal)
- Impact (scientific/societal)
- Identification of call(s)
- Required expertise/composition research group
- Letter of consent from the Head of Department in case of replacement funding. (When you apply for replacement funding during the time that you are preparing your grant application, a letter of consent is required from your Department Head regarding the time you want to be replaced.)
- Detailed budget estimate of max. €3.000,-. (i.e. all costs have to be made in 2021). (If your budget contains wages paid for employment (for someone else), the amount requested must be checked by the HRM officer (Veronique Bremers: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Head of Finance (Patricia La Chira Marquina: email@example.com) of FGW, who is the Secretary of CLUE+.)
The proposals with an interdisciplinary focus and linking up with the main CLUE+ VU profile theme of Connected World will be prioritized, as described here.
All applications should be addressed to the CLUE+ policy officer, Rita van der Schriek-Hermans and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as all documents have been received, the applicant will be sent an acknowledgement of receipt.